Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What I've learned from my first year of college



-Commuting to North Philadelphia from Hatboro is an absolute nightmare. SEPTA is absolutely horrible at doing anything right, and they can and will make you hate your life.
-To further make commuting miserable, living with a large family in a small house with a work and sleep schedule exactly opposite to yours will make you want to kill yourself.
-There are a lot of interesting people in college. It is a hub of ideas, cultures, and ethnicity.
-It is far better to have a few close friends who are like family than to have a lot who, when it comes down to it, have little to no attachment to you. Or are simply two-faced bitches who only associate with you for their own personal benefit.
-If you have a professor (or adjunct, or any other kind of teacher-like figure) who can't teach, you WILL suffer for it.
-Living on campus > commuting
-True friends are the most precious resource.
-Frequenting The Mein Bowl will give you food poisoning.
-Never, ever, ever go into a photo class assuming it'll be as easy as it was in high school.
-I am not a big fish in a small pond anymore. I am a puny fish in a universe-sized ocean.
-I am going to miss being able to go to the dojo all the time next year.
-I am going to be in debt for the rest of my life.
-I really, really suck at keeping this blog regular.

3 comments:

  1. I wouldn't know to much about septa and such but I agree with pretty much everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww... poor Ian! At least you don't have to switch trains like the days when I can't get a ride. If you think one train is bad, TWO trains is even worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't imagine having to transfer trains on a regular basis...

    ReplyDelete